Who we are
The Leeds Sixth Form College School Liaison team is dedicated to creating connections between education providers across Yorkshire and the College, with the aim of inspiring students to look beyond their GCSEs and discover the wealth of opportunities open to them post-16.
What we do
We create and deliver complementary sessions and activities to help students discover their post-16 options and plan for their future. From our sixth form entry requirements to the key application deadlines, everyday we help schools with their careers education, offering advice and expert impartial guidance to a broad range of students.
Whether your school is hosting a careers convention, parents’ evening, drop-in session or assembly, we are the people for you. We paint an engaging and true picture of each of our specialist subject areas through assemblies, careers fairs, curriculum experience sessions, college tours, transition talks and bespoke progression workshops.
Activities we deliver include:
- Providing information, advice and guidance events and activities in schools
- Delivering school presentations
- Attending Option Events and Parents’ Evenings to discuss course options, progression pathways, welfare and financial questions
- Promoting college open days to year 10 and 11 students and parents, guardians and teaching staff from schools
- Providing workshops that explore how to make a sixth form application and prepare students for their interview
- Arranging educational experiences for pupils to visit our industry-standard facilities, providing real insight into what college life is like
- Hosting tours for pupils and teachers
- Offering bespoke project work and specific industry-led activities with involvement from key partners/employers
- Curriculum-focused awareness and engagement sessions
Our student activities focus on:
- Raising aspirations
- The world of work
- Understanding qualifications and further education opportunities
- Employability skills
- Career planning and further progression to higher education
- Labour market skills
- Supporting transition into post-16 education